Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What a Headache, Literaly!

Well it seems as though I may be posting multiple times a day if I keep this rate up.

So last I left I was about to get my staples taken out and was a bit nervous. It actually was nothing compared to what my brain has built it up to be. The worst part was getting the glue put on after and that stung. LOL.  I was given a compression belt to wear and when the nurse put it on it was heaven. No empty belly jiggle. (Hard to describe this feeling) I just had to make a short pit stop by work to get my medication filled (I work at a pharmacy).Although, this journey did not happen without us forgetting that SPEED BUMPS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND lol. That hurt a lot. I can't even imagine what it would have felt like without the compression belt!! When I got home and changed, I had to put the belt back on, and of course I probably put it on a little too tight. (These things are not as easy as they make it seem in the hospital)...

Let me just add this one little note, plain, non-hospital water sucks! (dunno why the hospital's tasted so dang good but compared to mine, it was Cristal lol)

The doc's discharge papers stated to resume normal activity due to the chance of blood clots and pneumonia still being there, so I had decided to go get my car washed, go to a few Goodwills, Walmart and maybe somewhere else just to keep myself busy. I noticed that when I was just laying around in the hospital and not walking I would get sore and painful so figured this would help.  Well I barely made it through the car wash(easy) and to the second goodwill i had visited and was EXHAUSTED and a bit sore... this was not the fun surgery vaca days I had hoped it would be where i could just do whatever and not have to worry about having to be somewhere at a certain time. (Can't wait til I can experience this ).

All this time my belly is looking like I am about 6 months pregnant due to the gas and swelling(prob majority from my just too tight belt). WOW! I had no idea that was how I looked. Had to get a glimpse of myself tired, bloated and exhausted looking in a car window reflection!!! Ya, I definitely needed to work on passing some gas the ol' fashion way and not just a few burps here and there. (Sorry for the TMI).

Did I mention that plain and now warm water sucks?!

Well I finally come home, refill my plain warm water with some plain cool water, (didn't make much of a difference in it's desirability), changed into PJs and layed flat down in bed. Oh that felt so good. Paired with a half dose of narcotic meds, a fan above and some DVRd episodes I figured I was good.....Well, I was....until I finished the second DVRd show. All of a sudden I'm hit with a killer migraine and I feel too warm. I get my butt out of bed (not as hard as some might think), find a thermometer and take my temp. Now, just so you know, I can breath fine, in and out no congestion or anything that would lead me to believe that I would even be close to pneumonia so that thought is no longer a worry at this point. My temp was 100.2 so I took a FULL dose of my meds this time, head down to the kitchen, fill a cup with icy water and find a bag of frozen corn to put on my neck. (No actually ice packs in freezer, I need to make a note to get some tomorrow lol) GOSH that felt great, and once the meds kicked in, I was all ready for my yummy cup of broth!

Back to the sucky water....Ok so apparently when discharge papers are given at this hospital they leave out the fact that you can add sugar-free flavoring packets like kool-aid and crystal light to the water. Good thing I went back and read the book they gave me or I would never be able to get my water down. So now I can say that while it is not the best drink in the world, it's definitely more tolerable and less sucky when it's flavored blue raspberry. LOL

Now I also want to mention, through out the day I was of course bombarded by food adverts and restaurants and contrary to popular belief, YES, I still do want to eat, and some of these foods just look great considering all I have really had is broth. Right now just eating something with texture would be lovely. This does not mean that I will cheat, but we are still allowed to want food. This surgery does not stop that. It helps my cutting down on the craving/hunger hormones and only allows the stomach 15 ccs of food at a time.  One day I will be able to eat all these things again in very small portions. This surgery is not the ultimate Food Funeral for everything we love. It is a way to help us be healthy because our body before was just out of control. There is gonna be head hunger for a while. It is something I'm going to have to learn to tune out. Yes right now I would LOVE a munchie meal from Jack in the Box, BUT would I even try it at the moment. HELL NO! First, OMG that would be so painful, and second, I don't want to mess up this surgery to just go back to the way I am. I went and had major surgery so dammit I'm gonna keep to the plan.

With in the next week or two I will "graduate" to semi-solid foods such as cottage cheese(mouth watering with this one, haven't eaten or wanted to eat in years but now....), string cheese, yogurt, etc... I also have to learn to train my body to learn when its full again. It is a bit hard right now with just liquids. Am I full or just swollen making me think I'm full??? It's gonna be a learning game again, but I am so up for this challenge. So while I sit here drinking my luke warm blue raspberry water(eh..) and typing this, the only thing I really want to know is.......When will this dang migraine that just came back go away?????

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment