Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, and String Cheese, OH MY!!!

Well after finally grinding down all my meds last night into a power and drinking them, (YUCK), I tried to relax for a while.  Sitting in bed was just too much for me, I needed to sit kind of like a hospital bed has you. So my solution was to bring in my lawn chair lol  It actually is a very comfortable way to sit. I do not have to wear my compression belt, I can still access my liquids and other items by placing them on my desk right next to me and of course it is alot easier to get out of. All I have to do is put it into an upright position!

Not the best but had to
cover it with something
I tried to sleep in it but alas, I moved to the bed and passed out. What a great sleep! I woke up a bit sore but not much. I sat up and was ok. I think today I only took my pain medication once and that was after lunch because of the pressure of fluid in my stomach.

I decided I just couldn't stay in the house all day and needed to go to JoAnn Fabrics to get more fabric for the bags that I make and sell (https://www.etsy.com/shop/SpumoniCreations , http://spumonicreations.wix.com/) 
That was not too bad. Got some Doctor Who and Hello Kitty fabric at sale price:) 







It wasn't even busy so I was in and out. I was going to sew but by the time I did get home I was exhausted.  Gas had also started collecting again. I once again wished I could take some gas-x but instead went to take a nap laying on my left side. This did alleviate the pressure, they tell you laying on your left side is the best way to alleviate and pass gas after surgery. Well I ended up sleeping until 7pm!!!! At least no headache today so that was good.

One thing I should note is that with all going on in my belly, I am swollen up a bit and it's funny, it almost feels like being pregnant again. My hands can't keep from rubbing my stomach! LOL  I dunno why but I'm guessing I'm subconsciously trying to rub the gas out LOL either way its odd. 

However one thought is on my mind, counting down the days...until I can start on my next food groups. The ones I am soooo waiting for are cottage cheese and yogurt. Not sure about string cheese yet lol. They gave me a whole list but I have yet to look at ALL the wonderful foods I may eat.  It definitely does not help with you hear and smell foods like apple pie, mashed potatoes, cinnamon toast, grilled cheese....sorry, wondered off there, all day long. So all I can do is say, OK to day is Thursday, I should be able to start eating these foods either on Monday at my one week, (My doctor wants me to call him so maybe its to say i can try these foods:) ) or Thursday when I go see my nutritionist. 

But alas, all I can have today is a half of a mug of beef broth (chicken is way better), a banana Popsicle (best thing today:) ) and water. Might try some jello later we will see.

Til Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment