Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fluids

Before getting the surgery I kept hearing FLUIDS, FLUIDS, FLUIDS, and rightfully so. Without at least 64 ounces of fluids a day, your now tiny stomach can aid in dehydration due to lower absorption than as before. Not only did I not get enought fluids before but I knew I would more than likely have a hard time keeping track of and getting in that much.

Now this does not mean you have to drink 64 ounces of water on top of everything else. THANK HEAVENS. I think we would all be going crazy if we had to do that. No this just means that you need to get 64 ounces of fluids in via water, broth, popsicles, etc.

Before the surgery one of my coworkers suggested writing lines on a water bottle for every hour and trying to drink that much each hour. This was a GREAT idea. Only issue was either the lines would wipe off or someone would toss my bottle.... Then while I was perussing some forums I ran into these awesome bottles on a site that did just what I was trying to do, yet more permanent and if someone threw these away something was seriously wrong with them.

Fun Fit CA has these great bottles that not only have time lines on them but have encouraging sayings to help you get through the ounces. Fill the bottle up twice a day and you will have your 64 ounces just in water or whatever fluid you substitute. Now I would not recommend the ones with straws if you have had surgery done because they do introduce more gas into the stomach which is not only not recommended but MAJORLY UNCOMFORTABLE.

I myself bought two of these so I would not have to refill one or rinse it out if I felt like drinking two different types of fluid during the day. (Water and tea) At $13.95 a pop they are extremely affordable! They also come in a variaty of colors.


Feel free to visit their site linked above or follow them on FB, Twitter, Instagram or Pintest for more information on their products and other great weight loss tips and ideas:) (no was not asked to mention them, just love the bottles so much LOL)

Hopefully this is helpful for others finding a way to get their fluids in.

Til Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment