Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Things we look forward to...

As obese people, we often can't enjoy the same things that normal sized people can. We get depressed and feel worthless. This surgery is new hope for us. There are things we know we will one day be able to obtain, to look forward to.

When I got out of surgery in May, I started two posts on two different obesity surgery forums asking people what they were looking forward to once they lost their weight. I was so blown away by the amount of responses and the hope it gave people to see other's lists and goals. Here are some of the things people look forward to. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did.





  • ONEderland (Weight under 200 lbs)
  • Canoe Zip lining
  • Comfortably sitting in an airplane seat (This is a big one on alot of people's lists)
  • Anything to do with NOT being sweaty from being overweight
  • Walking and not having to stop to rest frequently
  • Wear and feel comfortable in a swimsuit
  • Have enough energy
  • BE HEALTHY!!
  • Buying new clothes that are not in PLUS sizes
  • Walking, standing, sitting, lying down WITHOUT PAIN!
  • Being able to sit with legs crossed
  • Sitting in a plastic chair without having to worry it will break
  • Horseback riding
  • Having a baby (or another one)
  • Running a half/full marathon
  • Feeling better about myself
  • Getting off my medications!
  • Not being that "fat person" and getting out of that stigma
  • Buying clothes because I like the look not because I fit in them.
  • Victoria Secrets Shopping!
  • Tucking in my shirt
  • Riding bikes with family
  • Keeping up with friends and family
  • Feeling Sexy
  • Being able to sleep WITHOUT a CPAP machine
  • Jumping on a trampoline
  • AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES!
  • Enjoying sex
  • Wrapping a towel around me with no gaps
  • Wear high heels
  • Tomorrow, the next day, the next day, and the next day.....
  • Being OK with my picture being taken
  • Getting up off the floor without help
  • Taking a bath
  • Having their child be able to put their arms around them
  • Paint my own toenails
  • Actually FEELING beautiful when I am told that I am
  • Being able to dance
  • Feeling comfortable at the gym
  • Sit on someones lap
  • NOT letting weight CONSUME MY LIFE!!!!


All of these things may seem trivial to normal weight people but to those in the weight loss surgery game these are priceless bucket list items.  I smiled at EVERY SINGLE POST I read while writing this blog. You are all wonderful people and you WILL get to do every single thing you listed because together we have strength to accomplish the weight loss we deserve. Hopefully this blog post has made you smile also.


Til Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment