Thursday, June 4, 2015

Houston, we have a problem...

Well, the last two days have been interesting...to say the least.

First I was able to sign up for my certification classes for Pharmacy compounding, chemotherapy and sterile iv that take place in Houston in August. I'm very excited and cannot wait. I booked my hotel and i made sure it was one with a kitchen so that I can cook my own dinners to make sure that i am eating healthy the week that I am there. Totally worth the price in my opinion.

Yesterday started out like any other day, except for the horrible headache...Then work, crazy as usual except that around 1130, I start to feel a pain in my lower right side. As the day goes on it gets worse and starts to radiate to my back where my kidney is, great just what I need. I took some pain meds but nothing helped. I ended up counting down the minutes til work was done and headed straight to Urgent Care. My luck it was going to be something serious. Appendix, kidney stones, problem with my stomach from surgery or something.

I get there and they decide to take blood and urine to see if there is an infection present that would suggest appendix. In the mean time they load me up with a bag of fluids since I very well could be just dehydrated. Well my body sucked down that fluid bag and the pain lessened. Did it stop? Nope, but it did not hurt as much.

So they did not see any infection to make them suspect that I appendicitis or any other infection. They told me that if the pain got worse over the next few days to come right back and sent me home with a script for pain meds, which I did not fill. Obviously I was dehydrated. At least I'm hoping it was that. Since that bag of fluids I feel tons better although there is still a bit of pain every once and a while by my stomach. I tried to keep hydrated today but I know that I didn't do the best that I could....For some reason I just keep forgetting to drink water. I will have to figure it out I guess.

The headache continued, as it would with any great dehydration, so i got an ice pack out of the fridge and fell asleep with it under my head.

I woke up this morning feeling GREAT! A lot better now that i had a bag of fluids to rehydrate me. I saw my doctor today and he said i was ahead of the game when it came to my weight loss so that made my day. He also said that everyone gets dehydrated and forgets to drink water. He also suggested downloading a water drinking reminder app. There are sooooo many out there. So i downloaded a bunch to see which one i liked the best. I found that I liked is called Drink Timer.


Unfortunately I was only able to find it for iPhone. I looked to see if they had it for Android but i did not see it so i am not sure what is a good one for Android phones. If you want to check the app out, just click on here --> Drink Timer and that will bring the page up. If you are an Android user and have a great app to recommend, let me know and I will post on here.

My doctor also gave me some advice on hunger and eating. He said if i feel hungry, drink some water. If that does not help, I am allowed to have a PROTEIN snack. Has to be protein. Also, if you want to know if you can eat something ask these two questions. 1. Is it protein? 2. Is it a vegetable?  If it isn't either than its probably not something you want to eat. Fruits tend to be high in sugar. This isn't saying that you can never have fruit, just to be careful because of the sugar in them. Also, I need to start adding greens. Now when you eat, you have to eat protein first and a lot of times this will fill you up. So he said that after an hour if I am still hungry or if I did not eat any veggies or greens with the meal I can have some. This gets those into my diet also.

Now, as you probably ready from before, we tend to be tired and brain dead now. He said this is our brain going thru withdrawals from all the sugars and bad foods we use to eat and that it will go away after a few months. I'm sure that once i start going to the gym, that will also help with the exhaustion and brain function. *crossing my fingers*

The rest of my day we pretty good. Went and got my badge and shirt for my volunteer job at the Homeland Security Administration Conference next week, went and got 2 bras that fit (big triumph), bought two books to read, set up our new pool in our back yard and spent time with my family and my man.

Overall not a bad day.

I did hear a song that fits perfectly with how I am feeling lately.

I still fall on my face sometimes
And I can't colour inside the lines
'Cause I'm perfectly incomplete
I'm still working on my masterpiece
And I, I wanna hang with the greats
Got a way to go, but it's worth the wait
No, you haven't seen the best of me
I'm still working on my masterpiece


Maybe that will bring a smile to some of you today.

Til Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment